- Feeling worried, disappointed, like something is missing in your relationship.
- Having repeated conversations that seem to go nowhere or make things worse
- Is something difficult happening – an affair, addictions, infertility concerns
- Feeling distance or disconnection – ending up like roommates
- Feeling that your goals and values are not aligned with your partner
Do you tell yourself that you should be able to have a healthy couple relationship and not have to seek help from a third party?
We see couples that have just met and are starting their relationship, married couples and couples who have been together for 30 years, raised a family and find themselves as a crossroads. Whatever your circumstances, couple’s counseling can assist you in identifying problem areas and help you to move forward as a team in a healthier way.
A couple is made of two people coming from different family systems. Each person brings into a relationship their own expectations and assumptions of what an “ideal” relationship is to them. Unspoken expectations and assumptions can be a pitfall for a lot of couples. It is like two people on a stage at the same time, except they are reading from different scripts. Exploring expectations and assumptions, communications styles, family of origin dynamics, and learning how to “repair” after a disagreement are just some of the crucial areas that couple’s counseling can help with.
We will give you the tools to stop having that same old fight - you know, the one that goes nowhere and help you create and nourish the relationship you have always wanted.